Cheese & Wine Pairing
Cheese and wine are a natural partnership, however when exploring cheese and wine, the aim is to discover the match that works for you!
Try tasting the wine first, then the cheese. Give each a moment in your mouth to assess their individual flavours, then taste the two together.
Look for a complement, contrast or clash. For example: The mushroomy tasty of South Cape Brie is a great complement to the yeasty aromas of sparkling wine.
Everyone’s personal preferences are different so don’t be afraid to try and discuss what you like and don’t like– that’s all part of the fun!
We’ve given you a handy go-to guide on the best wines for our different styles of cheese. The possibilities are delicious!
- Fetta & Goat's: Sparkling, Champagne, Botrytis Riesling, Botrytis Semillon
- Camembert & Brie: Champagne, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Port
- Cheddar: Chardonnay, Semillon, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz/Merlot
- Swiss Style: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Muscat, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Parmesan & Pecorino: Sparkling Champagne, Sparkling Shiraz
- Cream Cheese: Sparkling