Warm Potatoes, Peas & Bacon in Spring Onion Cream
- 1.5 kg baby new potatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, finely sliced
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup milk
- 200g South Cape Onion & Chive Cream Cheese, cut into pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
There’s nothing quite like a bowl of humble potato salad. With the addition of South Cape Onion & Chive Cream Cheese, this warm take on the traditional recipe means you can enjoy potato salad all year round.
1. Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil and sauté bacon over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Drain potatoes and cut in half.
3. Combine peas, milk and South Cape Spring Onion & Chive Cream Cheese in the pot and heat gently without boiling, until cheese is smooth, melted and heated through.
3. Toss potatoes into cream sauce with half the bacon until well coated and season to taste.
4. Serve warm sprinkled with remaining bacon.