Thyme Baked Camembert with Quince Onion Jam
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 100g South Cape Quince Paste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh thyme
- 200g wheel South Cape Camembert
- Crusty bread, for serving
Baked Camembert is truly one of life’s little luxuries. Here we have warm, melty Camembert garnished with sprigs of thyme and served on a bed of savoury quince onion jam. Grab a blanket, gather your girlfriends and bliss out with this winter warmer delight.
1. Heat oil and sauté onions and salt over low heat for 15 minutes until soft and caramelised.
2. Stir in South Cape Quince Paste until melted.
3. Add vinegar and 1 teaspoon chopped thyme.
4. Spoon into a small round ovenproof serving dish.
5. Place the South Cape Camembert in the centre of the jam, top with sprigs of thyme and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes until Camembert has softened and warmed through.
6. Serve immediately with crusty bread.