- 185g South Cape Extra Aged Parmesan
- 500g spaghetti or fettucine pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 200g pancetta or streaky bacon, sliced
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped continental parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Spaghetti Carbonara is an old favourite. A great family meal, this pasta dish can be tossed together in under 30 minutes. Simple and delish!
1. Finely grate Parmesan.
2. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frypan and sauté pancetta until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Combine half the parmesan with the eggs and cream and lightly beat with a fork.
5. When cooked, drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
6. Quickly toss hot pasta with egg mixture, stirring until just set and adding a little cooking liquid if needed.
7. Stir in pancetta and parsley, spoon into bowls and serve sprinkled with pepper and remaining Parmesan.