Smoked Salmon & Persian Fetta Pikelets
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 30g butter, melted (extra butter for pan frying)
- 150g spinach leaves
- 250g smoked salmon
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 180g tub South Cape Classic Persian Fetta
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whip these savoury pikelets up at breakfast time or even as an afternoon snack. Whisk together a simple pikelet batter, fry ‘em up and top with smoked salmon, spring onions, baby capers and South Cape Classic Persian Fetta. Super easy!
1. Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk in egg, milk and melted butter to form a smooth batter.
2. Heat a little extra butter in a large frying pan and cook spoonfuls of mixture for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until the tops form bubbles.
3. Turn over and cook for a further 1 minute or until cooked through.
4. Place three pikelets onto serving plates and top with spinach leaves, smoked salmon, spring onions, baby capers and small handfuls of crumbled South Cape Persian Fetta.
5. Drizzle with the extra oil from the Fetta, sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.