Smoked Salmon Asparagus with Dill Goat’s Cheese
- 12 asparagus spears
- ½ cup water
- 120g South Cape Goat’s Cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices smoked salmon
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Finger food gets a little fancy! Here we take blanched asparagus spears, dress with South Cape Goat’s Cheese and wrap in salty smoked salmon. It only takes a few minutes, but will leave your guests swooning!
1. Bring asparagus and water to the boil in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes until tender. Drain and cool.
2. Blend South Cape Goat’s Cheese and dill together with a butter knife until smooth.
3. Spread each slice of smoked salmon with Goat’s Cheese and season with pepper.
4. Place an asparagus spear on the edge of each slice of salmon and roll up to enclose.
5. Arrange on a serving plate, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.