Smoked Salmon and Fetta Pasta
- 500g angelhair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 200g South Cape Reduced Fat Tasmanian Fetta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 8 slices smoked salmon, cut into strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Try this lovely and light seafood pasta for brunch, light lunch or as an entrée. With smoked salmon, South Cape Reduced Fat Tasmanian Fetta and fresh basil leaves, this angelhair pasta dish really sings!
1. Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente and drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
2. Cut four thin slices of South Cape Reduced Fat Tasmanian Fetta and reserve for garnish before crumbling the rest.
3. Heat olive oil and sauté spring onions until just softened.
4. Add pasta, cooking water and crumbled Fetta and toss until heated through.
5. Stir in basil and lime juice and season to taste.
6. Portion onto serving plates and top with smoked salmon strips and reserved Fetta slices.
7. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.