Smoked Chicken, Camembert and Spinach Salad
- 3 slices multigrain or seeded bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- salt sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 smoked chicken fillet, sliced
- 200g South Cape Camembert, sliced
Toss together slices of smoked chicken, streaky bacon, spinach leaves, red onions and other flavoursome bits and pieces with a generous dash of homemade dressing. Super simple, extra tasty.
1. To make croutons, cut bread into squares and toss with oil, garlic salt and pepper on an oven tray.
2. Bake at 200°C for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden.
3. Fry bacon in a non-stick pan until crisp and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Shake orange juice, extra oil and mustard together in a jar to make dressing and season to taste.
5. Toss the onion in half the dressing and stand for 10 minutes.
6. Mix in spinach and arrange on a serving platter.
7. Arrange smoked chicken and South Cape Camembert amongst salad, drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with bacon, croutons and pepper.