Smashed Avocado, Fetta and Mint on Toasted Sourdough
- 200g South Cape Tasmanian Fetta
- 2 large ripe avocados
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices toasted sourdough, rye or multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- extra mint leaves, for garnish
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
We love a good “smashed av” on toast for breakfast. This recipe adds salty fetta, freshly chopped mint leaves and spring onions for an extra yummy meal – breakfast, lunch or tea.
1. Cut four thin slices of South Cape Tasmanian Fetta for garnish and reserve.
2. Roughly mash avocado with a fork, crumble in remaining fetta and mix in lime juice, spring onions and chopped mint and season to taste.
3. Pile avocado mixture onto toasted bread, top with remaining feta, sprinkle with pine nuts, pepper, mint leaves and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.