Prosciutto-wrapped Brie on Garlic Toasts
- 12 baguette slices
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- peeled 200g wheel South Cape Brie
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthways
- 6 stuffed green olives, sliced
The mellow flavours of a good Brie lend themselves to many interpretations. Here, your trusty Brie wheel becomes a dainty canapé wrapped in cured meats, topped with olives and served on crunchy garlic-y bread. Mmmhmm.
1. Place baguette slices on an oven tray, spray on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill on both sides until toasted. Rub each toast with the fresh garlic clove.
3. Cut South Cape Brie across the length of the cheese into 12 slices.
4. Wrap each slice with a strip of prosciutto and position onto garlic toasts.
5. Bake for 2-5 minutes until cheese is just starting to soften.
6. Top with sliced olives and serve immediately.