Pistachio Crumbed Camembert with Brandied Marmalade
- ¼ cup orange or lime marmalade
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 200g South Cape Camembert, chilled
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup coarse breadcrumbs
- Extra light olive oil or canola oil, for deep frying
Camembert as a dessert? Yes please! Take your Camembert cravings to a whole new level with the addition of pistachio crumbs, brandy and marmalade.
1. Heat marmalade until melted, stir in brandy and allow to cool.
2. Coat South Cape Camembert with flour, dip in egg and coat in combined pistachio nuts and breadcrumbs.
3. Dip in egg and crumbs a second time, gently pressing the crumbs to ensure the cheese is well covered.
4. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (or up to 2 hours before serving).
5. Just before serving, deep fry crumbed camembert in hot oil for 3-5 minutes, turning gently, until golden brown.
6. Serve immediately with Brandied Marmalade.