Pepper Cheese and Bacon Sausages
- 12 thick pork sausages
- 200g South Cape Cracked Pepper Cream Cheese
- 12 thinly sliced rashers speck, Kaiserfleisch or streaky bacon
- Fruit chutney, to serve
- 12 bread rolls, split
It’s a universal truth that cheese makes life better. Little did you know – cheese also makes sausages better! Here’s a quick and easy recipe that takes 12 pork sausages and fills them with our special South Cape Pepper Cream Cheese before wrapping in bacon. A real guilty pleasure!
1. Barbeque sausages until cooked through and allow to cool slightly.
2. Cut a split down the centre of each sausage, without cutting all the way through.
3. Cut South Cape Cracked Pepper Cream Cheese into 12 slices.
4. Fill each sausage with a slice of pepper cheese and wrap in a slice of speck to hold it together.
5. Secure with skewers if necessary.
6. Barbeque on the flat plate for 2 minutes on each side, until browned and cheese softens.
7. Serve in bread rolls with a dollop of fruit chutney.