Mexican Cheddar Eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 cup grated South Cape Vintage Cheddar
- 4 eggs,
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- Toasted tortillas, for serving
Spice up brunch with the flavours of Mexico. With protein-rich eggs, tomatoes and filling beans these Mexican baked eggs topped with grated South Cape Vintage Cheddar are a tasty way to start the day.
1. Heat oil in a heavy based skillet and sauté onion until softened.
2. Add tomatoes, beans and chilli and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
4. Sprinkle ¾ cup South Cape Vintage Cheddar over the top.
5. Use a spoon to make four hollows in the sauce and carefully break an egg into each.
6. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes until eggs are just set.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and paprika and serve with toasted tortillas.