Lamb Burgers with Beetroot and Fetta
- 1 red onion, cut into slivers
- Balsamic glaze for dressing
- 1kg lamb mince
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mint
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 200g South Cape Tasmanian Fetta
- 8 Turkish buns, split
- 400g canned sliced beetroot, drained
This lamb burger is packed with fresh ingredients like rocket, red onions and succulent lamb, finished off with a slice of delicious South Cape Tasmanian Fetta. Go on, indulge.
1. Combine onion and 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
2. Combine mince, mint, garlic, salt and pepper together and form into 8 patties.
3. Heat an oiled barbeque, chargrill or frying pan and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes on one side until cooked ¾ way through. Turn over and cook a further 5 minutes until completely cooked.
4. Combine rocket and red onion together.
5. Cut South Cape Tasmanian Fetta into thin slices.
6. Toast buns on barbeque or grill, top with rocket salad, lamb burgers, beetroot and Fetta slices. Serve drizzled with extra balsamic glaze.