Herb ‘N’ Garlic Twists
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 200g South Cape Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Beetroot or tomato relish, for serving
A great vegetarian-friendly alternative to sausage rolls and party pies, these South Cape Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese twists are just perfect served warm and oozing, fresh out of the oven. Top with relish of your choice and share ‘em round!
1. Cut each pastry sheet in half. Cut each half width ways into four pieces to make 16 rectangles in total.
2. Cut South Cape Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese into 16 pieces.
3. Shape each piece into a log shape and position on the long edge of the pastry rectangles. Roll up to enclose. Twist and pinch edges together and gently twist each roll twice.
4. Place on an oven tray and brush with egg. Bake at 230°C for 8-10 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve hot with relish.
NOTE: Herb 'n' Garlic Twists can be assembled and refrigerated until ready to be baked,up to 4 hours in advance. They can also be frozen uncooked and baked from frozen – allowing a few extra minutes baking time.