Goat’s Cheese with Caramelised Capsicum Relish
- 120g South Cape Goat’s Cheese
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- fresh coriander, chives or continental parsley, for serving
- crispbreads or crackers, for serving
Goat’s cheese is a special cheese with flavours that deserve to be celebrated. In this dish, you can enjoy your Goat’s cheese as simple snack, with a tangy homemade relish on top.
1. Combine capsicum, sugar, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until capsicum has softened to a dark red colour and mixture has thickened.
3. Allow to cool completely.
4. Place goat’s cheese on a serving plate, spoon relish on top, garnish with coriander and serve with crispbreads.