Egg ‘N’ Edam Pies
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 slices ham finely shredded
- 12 small eggs (50g size)
- 200g South Cape Australian Edam
- Grated paprika for sprinkling
- Tomato chutney to serve
The little ones just love preparing these savoury treats in the kitchen. Whether it’s for breakfast, at a picnic or as a yummy homemade lunchbox treat – these little pies made with eggs and South Cape Edam Cheese are a cinch to make and a joy to share. Gather the kids and see for yourself!
1. Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and spread with butter.
2. Press into large muffin pans and divide ham evenly between each.
3. Crack an egg into each muffin pan and top with South Cape Edam.
4. Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until egg is just set.
6. Serve hot or cold topped with a dollop of tomato chutney.