Easy Cheesy Little Quiches
- 4 frozen puff or shortcrust pastry sheets, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- Extra fillings of your choice (see recipe alternatives)
- 200g South Cape Cheddar, Gouda or Edam cheese, grated
Everybody loves a tasty, cheesy quiche served piping hot, fresh from the oven. With your choice of fillings – from mushroom and spring onion to fresh spinach and capsicum – this recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Don’t eat them all at once!
1. Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares and press into 36 patty pans taking care not to stretch the pastry.
2. Lightly beat eggs and cream together in a jug.
3. Divide chosen filling between pastry and top with grated South Cape Cheddar.
4. Carefully pour egg mixture over quiche bases and bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden.
5. To crisp up the bases, lower to the base of the oven for the last 5 minutes.
Recipe Alternatives: Each of these fillings is enough for one batch of quiche
Mushroom and Spring Onion
Fry 250g diced mushrooms and 3 chopped spring onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil until softened and season.
Sweetcorn and Bacon
Fry 200g diced bacon until golden and combine with 200g can of drained and seasoned corn kernels.
Spinach and Capsicum
Fry 1 diced red capsicum and 120g baby spinach leaves in 1-tablespoon olive oil until softened and season to taste.