Classic Macaroni Cheese
- 250g South Cape Vintage Cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup grated South Cape Parmesan cheese
- 500g macaroni or spiral pasta
- 50g butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- Paprika, for sprinkling, optional
Here’s one for the cheese lovers: a classic macaroni cheese recipe with South Cape Vintage Cheddar and Parmesan, plus a heap of hearty ingredients like French mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Craving cheese? This is mouth-watering cheesey perfection.
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until ‘al dente’ and drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Add milk all at once and cook, whisking continuously until sauce boils and thickens.
3. Remove from heat and stir in half the grated cheddar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
4. Combine pasta with cheese sauce and spoon into a buttered lasagna or baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and a little paprika.
6. Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve with salad.