Chilli Parmesan, Prosciutto and Rocket Pasta
- 200g South Cape Extra Aged Parmesan
- 500g pasta Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g rocket Chilli flakes, to taste
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
How about a big bowl of pasta for dinner? In this recipe, you choose the pasta, then stir in a rich tomato-based sauce and drizzle with olive oil and freshly shaved South Cape Extra Aged Parmesan. It’s really easy to make and really tasty to eat.
1. Shave half the South Cape Extra Aged Parmesan using a vegetable peeler and reserve for garnish.
2. Finely grate the remaining parmesan. Reserve a handful of rocket for garnish.
3. Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al denté. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water.
4. Heat ½ cup olive oil in the pan and sauté the garlic until softened.
5. Add the tomatoes and sauté until heated through. Add the pasta, reserved pasta water and extra olive oil if needed.
6. Toss in the rocket, grated parmesan and chilli flakes to taste.
7. Portion into bowls and garnish with torn pieces of prosciutto, rocket, a drizzle of olive oil and shaved Parmesan.