Chicken, Mushroom and Havarti Strudel
- 200g South Cape Havarti, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 750g skinless chicken fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 100g butter, melted
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Chicken and mushroom are a real power pair. We love them teamed with French mustard, spring onions and South Cape Havarti in this appetizing German pastry.
1. Heat olive oil in a frypan and fry mushrooms until softened.
2. Add spring onions and fry until just softened.
3. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add chicken and milk to pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until just cooked. Drain and allow to cool.
5. Chop chicken and combine with sautéed mushrooms, South Cape Havarti and mustard and season to taste.
6. Brush six sheets of filo with butter, laying them on top of each other as you go.
7. Place half the filling down the centre and fold in the sides to enclose the filling, forming a strudel.
8. Place on a baking tray, brush with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Repeat with remaining ingredients to form a second strudel.
10. Bake at 200°C for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.