Cheesy Chorizo and Capsicum Potato Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 kg pink-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 200g South Cape Gouda, Edam or Cheddar cheese
- grated Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for sprinkling
Potato bake is the ultimate comfort food. The addition of spicy chorizo sausages and creamy Gouda, Edam or Cheddar make for an extra tasty, extra delicious meal. Enjoy!
1. Heat oil in a fry pan and fry chorizo, onion and leek together until golden.
2. Overlap half the potato slices in the base of a large quiche or lasagna dish.
3. Layer with half the chorizo mixture, half the cream and half the South Cape Gouda. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Repeat layers with all ingredients except Gouda.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 200°C for 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
6. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining Gouda and bake a further 30 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve sprinkled with paprika.