Caramelised Macadamia Camembert
- 200g wheel South Cape Camembert
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh figs, for serving
Here’s an easy way to dress up the cheese board by adding a hint of sweetness to your camembert.
1. Let South Cape Camembert sit for one hour at room temperature before serving.
2. Place macadamias onto an oven tray and bake at 200°C for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden.
3. Roughly chop macadamias and arrange over the top of the camembert.
4. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves, then boil, without stirring until a golden caramel colour. Take care that toffee does not burn.
5. Working quickly, drizzle toffee over the macadamias and allow to set. Allow to stand for a couple of hours.
6. The caramel will soften and seep into the cheese, giving a bittersweet flavour.