Brie, Dill and Zucchini Slice
- 200g South Cape Brie
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 400g zucchini, grated
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
With fragrant spring onions, fresh dill, and zucchini, this frittata-style slice is the perfect dish to enjoy with salad as a light summer lunch. And of course, that creamy South Cape Brie gives this slice an extra tasty kick.
1. Cut the South Cape Brie in half. Slice 3 long, thin slices of Brie from each half and reserve.
2. Finely chop the rest of the brie. Lightly beat eggs and combine with oil, flour, zucchini, spring onions and dill.
3. Fold in chopped Brie and season. Pour mixture into a greased 25cm round non-stick springform pan, quiche dish or 30 x 20cm lamington tin.
4. Arrange Brie slices decoratively on top.
5. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes until set and golden brown.
6. Serve sprinkled with pepper and dill.