Brie, Chicken and Cucumber Cocktail Sandwiches
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (18-20cm in length)
- 200g South Cape Brie
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
Here’s one for the picnic spread. Adorable little cocktail sandwiches with chicken, spring onions, cucumber, mayo and dill – made all the more delicious with a creamy slice of our favourite South Cape Brie.
1. Combine chicken, spring onion and mayonnaise together and season to taste.
2. Spread chicken mixture over 6 slices of bread.
3. Cut cucumbers to match the length of the bread and cut each long piece lengthwise into 6 thin slices.
4. Slice the offcuts of cucumber into 18 rounds and reserve. Place 2 slices on each sandwich.
5. Cut each South Cape Brie into 9 slices and arrange 3 slices on top of each sandwich.
6. Sprinkle Brie with sprigs of dill and top with remaining bread.
7. Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers, securing each with a cocktail pick garnished with a slice of cucumber.
8. Serve on a platter garnished with extra dill.