Brie, Bacon and Fig Bites
- 100g streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- 100g fig paste
- 125g South Cape Mini Brie
- Fresh thyme, for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Puff pastry topped with crispy bacon, decadent fig paste and mini wedges of Brie make for one moreish snack. Sprinkled with fresh herbs and baked to perfection – it doesn’t get much better than this!
1. Fry bacon in a non-stick pan until crisp and drain on absorbent paper.
2. Cut each sheet of pastry into 16 squares and press into non-stick patty pans.
3. Prick bases with a fork. Mix fig paste with a spoon to soften it and add ½ teaspoon into each pastry case.
4. Top with bacon. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
5. Cut South Cape Mini Brie into 16 wedges. Place a wedge of Brie in each tart and sprinkle with fresh thyme and pepper.
6. Bake a further 5 minutes until Brie just softens and serve warm dolloped with remaining fig paste.