Apricot and Almond Bon Bons
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g South Cape Apricot and Almond Cream Cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- Icing sugar, for dusting
These sweet little turnovers are crispy on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside. A real treat served warm with a freshly brewed pot of hot coffee and good friends.
1. Brush each sheet of filo pastry with butter and fold in half across the width of the pastry to make a smaller rectangle.
2. Brush with butter and cut in half across the width.
3. Roll a piece of South Cape Apricot and Ginger Cream Cheese into a log, place along the shorter end and roll up to enclose.
4. Pinch and twist ends together to form a bon bon shape.
5. Repeat with remaining filo and cream cheese to make 16 bon bons.
6. Place on an oven tray, brush with butter and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
7. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.